Monday, February 15, 2010

Vancouver 2010 - Men's Moguls

Wow.... what an AMAZING night last night was for men's mogul ski jumping! Chris & I are still pinching ourselves to make sure we were actually there live and in person and not just dreaming! We had such a fun day and got to share it with Jon (Chris' brother) and Lynia (our sister-in-law)! We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and felt so privileged to witness Alexandre Bilodeau (Canada) win the gold and Bryon Wilson (USA) win the bronze!

We got to stand right next to Bryon Wilson's family through the whole event so it was pretty special to experience and share in their excitement and joy all day/evening. Bryon's younger brother and five of his cousins had written WILSON across their chests and were walking around shirtless in the COLD for the better part of the afternoon... crazy boys. Sorry, didn't get a picture of that one:o)

The whole day was filled with excitement! I yelled so loud and so hard for Canada AND the USA that my head hurts today. Yesterday I realized that I'm a really lucky girl to get to cheer for two countries that I love and belong to... not very many people get to be dual citizens of two countries! Of course my heart swells with pride a little more for the red, white and blue:o)





1 comment: