Sunday, December 19, 2010

God Works Miracles!

In May of this year Chris & I felt God leading us towards in vitro fertilization. We had first started thinking of IVF in early summer of 2009, but when we conceived in August that year without any fertility treatments or drugs we thought that was God's answer to our prayers for a family and put IVF behind us, or so we thought. After miscarrying last Fall I felt very closed to IVF. As we began to heal ever so slowly from the loss of our first pregnancy Chris would occasionally ask me if I'd thought of pursuing IVF at all. I felt very scared to pursue it, scared that it might not work, even more scared that it would work but end early just as our first pregnancy had. I just didn't feel ready or willing to go down that road at the time. In early spring of 2010 a special friend of mine (who is much like a mother figure to me) asked me some very point blank questions about where I was at with God and our infertility journey. These questions really stirred my soul and I couldn't stop thinking about them, all day long it seemed God was tapping, tapping, tapping... waiting for me to come to Him so He could show me what was being awakened deep inside my heart. This was the beginning of God opening me up to pursuing His plan for us. God truly met with Chris & I in very personal ways over the next few months as we prayed over pursuing IVF. We didn't want to race into it or go ahead of His plan for us. When I went to see our fertility doctor to let him know we'd like to pursue IVF we thought it'd take a few months before the process would really start. But from that day forward God started opening the doors left and right like you wouldn't believe! It was just one of the MANY ways He confirmed to us through out the IVF process that He was in control and that we needed to put our faith, hope and trust in Him, no matter the outcome.

In June we had our orientation at Genesis Fertility Clinic in Vancouver where they would over see the IVF process. The next few months were filled with appointments back and forth to Genesis. On August 10th we drove to Genesis for embryo transfer. The only thing I remember thinking was something my cousin told me she held to through out her IVF experience, "If God's will is for me to conceive, we have a 100% chance of this working, but if it's not His time, we have a 0% chance of this working". I felt such at peace knowing He was in control, that He had a plan for us, a plan to prosper us and not to harm us, a plan to give us a hope and a future! Yes, I really wanted the outcome to be a healthy pregnancy but I knew that if I wasn't pregnant it wouldn't change God's plan or His will for us. 

It would be two LONG weeks before we would know whether or not I was pregnant. Praise God, He knew what Chris & I needed during those two weeks of waiting! My brother and sister (Joel and Annie) came for almost that whole time, it sure did help having them with us to keep us busy and our minds off of dwelling on it all day long. The day before Joel and Annie left to go back home we found out we were expecting! Here are a couple pics just after I'd gotten the phone call that I was pregnant!

Joel and Amy





Annie and Amy








































Here are a few pics of the AMAZING team of doctors and nurses at Genesis that took such wonderful care of us during the whole process! We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to know them and count them a part of God's plan to bless us with this miraculous little life! 

Dr. Taylor, Amy, Chris and Nurse Anna

Amy and Nurse Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment