Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New job, new life in Austin!

One week ago today Chris got great news! Job news! After five months of job searching, at least a hundred job applications, and twelve interviews Chris got two job offers, one in Houston and the other in Austin. After much prayer, deliberation and more prayer we felt led to take the job in Austin! YAY, YAY, YAY!!! I'm still pinching myself! I have dreamed about living this close to my family for years. I can't tell you how incredibly excited and blessed I am! I'll actually be able to pick up the phone, call my sisters and meet them for coffee!

Chris will start his new job early January. We hope to have a home to move into sometime in February, but we shall see. In the meantime we'll continue to stay with my parents (thanks mom & dad). Thank you to those of you who have so faithfully prayed for and encouraged Chris through this process. He really needed y'all! We're so thankful for the wonderful family and friends who have surrounded us through this transition from Canada to Texas. A very special thanks to my parents and brothers for letting us cruise in and take over their house with toys, stinky diapers, piles of laundry, crying in the night, spit up on the carpet, spit up on the couch, spit up on y'all... it just goes on and on. Y'all have been so gracious, flexible, supportive, encouraging, fun, helpful, generous... oh, I could go on and on. I can tell you right now, it's going to be very hard to transition back to being the three of us. For right now I'd better wrap this up with a shout out to the man of the hour: Way to go Chris... I am soooo proud of you for persevering! Love you!!

Celebrating Chris' new job over BBQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment