Thursday, September 17, 2009

God IS Able!

Monday morning our doctor’s office called to give us the results from the last two blood tests. They said my hormone levels were too close to know for sure whether or not we’d miscarried, so they wanted me to go in for a third blood test right away so they could get it back before the end of the day. I think Chris & I both rolled our eyes and said something like “go figure”. How did we know the answer wouldn’t come that easy?! Even though this was just a few days ago I can’t remember what we did that day, all I know is that I felt surrounded by God’s peace. We got a call from the doctor’s office late that afternoon... the results were in. Chris & I both picked up a phone to hear the news... on Saturday my levels were over 17,000 and the blood work from that morning was over 23,000... they were pretty sure I was still pregnant! Chris & I were stunned. We were both just staring at each other while holding the phones to our ears. We both knew right away this was another miracle! I had been praying God would find favor on our little one, I felt God’s favor for sure! What a roller coaster of emotions! All I remember after that was being on the phone for what seemed like hours, letting as many people know as I could that the baby was still with us and that God answers prayer! Our doctor said I was to remain on bed rest indefinitely. Because of the peace and assurance I had this day and the day before while grieving with Chris, it was a lot easier for me to pray and ask for God’s will to be done concerning our little one that night when I went to bed. I KNOW that no matter what happens to our baby that God is able, He will take care of us! I just want to enjoy every day I have with our little one and to count each day a blessing!


Psalm 139:7-12

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?


If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.


If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,


even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.


If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"


even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so deeply for you guys as I know the heartache this journey can carry. We named our gift Vanessa Eliana because her first name means butterfly and her middle name means my God has answered me. Altogether she is our "life transforming answer from our God." This road is difficult but He ABSOLUTELY will love you through it and you both will be transformed by His plan for this journey. You have my thoughts and prayers as you wait to see how He will walk you through this time.

    ReplyDelete